Plitvice National Park, Croatia
We had a full day to explore the park. Because we did not stay within park, we lost some valuable time as result. One FULL day at the park is sufficient for most of the people, unless you’re a nature photographer. After breakfast at the same restaurant as our dinner, we all hopped into two separate vehicles to get to the park. The one I was in was full, and Jona rode with the other smaller car. As soon as our car pulled out, people started to say “I hope we got everybody”. Then someone chimed in and said where Brenda is. Lord and behold, Jona has left Brenda back at the restaurant! I don’t blame Jona on this one, as Brenda is notorious being late and slow. She told Merit that she’ll be in the room, but that was may be 20 minutes ago. And yes Jona went back to get Brenda after we stopped to inform him that he was missing one client.
Finally we’re off to see the beautiful park. I saw a PBS nature show on this park few years ago, and was fascinated by its 16 terraced lake, laced together by cascading waterfalls.
Although it is still pretty and worth a visit. It was not as dramatic and breathe taking as I have seen on TV. I think the water flow was low and bright sky reduced its appeal. I also remembered the winter scenery I saw on TV, which I think is better view than the current view. The leaves were just about to change color here, which was a plus.
Jona guided us around the lower lakes to the big waterfall. Let’s say, someone forgot to turn it on. After seeing many waterfalls in my travel, most of the waterfalls I saw now are usual anticlimactic end to a good hike. We continued on along the lake, and skipped parts of the close-up trails in the lower lakes. After a quick lunch break, we continued on the upper lake trail.
The water at lakes are extremely clear and of turquoise color. They are filled with underwater grass, trout, and fallen trees. No fishing or swimming is allowed. So the lake is well persevered, as required to be an UNESCO site.
Our group got separated into many small groups.
I ended up with Paula and did not explore the park further after we completed our upper lake walk. In hind sight, I wished we had gone back to lower lakes to walk the sections that we skipped in the morning and I believe the light would have been better as well. If we had stay within the park, we would have gone back to visit as we didn’t need to meet up to be transported back to the restaurant at 5:30.
This evening we celebrate Terry’s birthday. She was totally surprised with tears; a good ending to this trip. One last day for us: Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.
O, the love between Brenda and Darren continued to blossom as they are at the stage where they can’t get away from each other.
More Photos from Plitvice National Park....
Finally we’re off to see the beautiful park. I saw a PBS nature show on this park few years ago, and was fascinated by its 16 terraced lake, laced together by cascading waterfalls.
Jona guided us around the lower lakes to the big waterfall. Let’s say, someone forgot to turn it on. After seeing many waterfalls in my travel, most of the waterfalls I saw now are usual anticlimactic end to a good hike. We continued on along the lake, and skipped parts of the close-up trails in the lower lakes. After a quick lunch break, we continued on the upper lake trail.
The water at lakes are extremely clear and of turquoise color. They are filled with underwater grass, trout, and fallen trees. No fishing or swimming is allowed. So the lake is well persevered, as required to be an UNESCO site.
Our group got separated into many small groups.
This evening we celebrate Terry’s birthday. She was totally surprised with tears; a good ending to this trip. One last day for us: Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.
O, the love between Brenda and Darren continued to blossom as they are at the stage where they can’t get away from each other.
More Photos from Plitvice National Park....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home