Nightmare at Plitvice National Park
According Jona, our original accommodation inside the park was bumped because the hotel was overbooked, and we’re a small group. And then there were some problems with backup place, so we ended up in an unfinished “hotel”. I guess these kinds of things can happen, but what happened next, got most people really mad.
Jona started to assign people to their rooms. The “hotel” did not have enough room as it turn out, so Jona decided to put Wendy, mom, Terry, and I all in one room with single bathroom, while almost everyone else have 2 per room. This was the final straw for me with Jona always picking us as solution to any problems that came up. Terry went out to the balcony to smoke and cool down while I gave Jona a lecture about being picked on.
Jona then reassign Terry and me to our own room with share bathroom. This bumped Merit, Brenda, and Jona to a private accommodation at the restaurant where we later had our nightly dinners. We stayed far away from any eating place, so I had little choices. The nightmare continued, since the place is still under construction, the hot water and its steam pipe system did not work after few people took their showers after the dinner. And in Ray/Darren’s room, the first night, they can only get scolding hot water from their facet. Jona ridiculously asked Ray to brush his teeth from the shower head! He should have bought bottle water as temporary fix until the pipe is fixed, he was useless to Nth degree. I was ok with the room temperature, but many (women) complained as being too cold. Even though there was no hot water for most of us, luckily the water temperature felt cool to me and not too cold to have a shower anyway. No star for this unfinished place!
Later, after the dinner at the first night, Jona pull Ray and I aside to talk to us individually. He did not understand why I am so mad with him earlier. I told him again how my family always got picked on as the solution to any accommodation problems that came up with the group. He said it only happened twice, then I mentioned the other incident at Lake Bohinj where I have to share a bed with my mom. He then apologized for unconsciously picked on us. I also mentioned that how come Paula never have to share with other people if she did not paid the single supplement? Jona said it was hard to deal with my mom, he did not know how to accommodate her in the scheme. What an idiot, he can always assign my mom with me or Wendy.
O, Ray gave Jona an earful as well on how it was unacceptable with his accommodation problem.
At next night’s dinner, where we celebrated Terry’s birthday. Jona announced that the tour company will pick up the tap for any drinks tonight. So everyone ordered couple drinks each. A big cake was also brought out for Terry. Then the next day when Jona showed us his tipping kitty sheet, he had paid 40 euros for the cake. We all suspect that he probably paid the drinks along with the cake. So much for free drinks. Needless to say, we got no money back from tipping kitty.
Jona started to assign people to their rooms. The “hotel” did not have enough room as it turn out, so Jona decided to put Wendy, mom, Terry, and I all in one room with single bathroom, while almost everyone else have 2 per room. This was the final straw for me with Jona always picking us as solution to any problems that came up. Terry went out to the balcony to smoke and cool down while I gave Jona a lecture about being picked on.
Jona then reassign Terry and me to our own room with share bathroom. This bumped Merit, Brenda, and Jona to a private accommodation at the restaurant where we later had our nightly dinners. We stayed far away from any eating place, so I had little choices. The nightmare continued, since the place is still under construction, the hot water and its steam pipe system did not work after few people took their showers after the dinner. And in Ray/Darren’s room, the first night, they can only get scolding hot water from their facet. Jona ridiculously asked Ray to brush his teeth from the shower head! He should have bought bottle water as temporary fix until the pipe is fixed, he was useless to Nth degree. I was ok with the room temperature, but many (women) complained as being too cold. Even though there was no hot water for most of us, luckily the water temperature felt cool to me and not too cold to have a shower anyway. No star for this unfinished place!
Later, after the dinner at the first night, Jona pull Ray and I aside to talk to us individually. He did not understand why I am so mad with him earlier. I told him again how my family always got picked on as the solution to any accommodation problems that came up with the group. He said it only happened twice, then I mentioned the other incident at Lake Bohinj where I have to share a bed with my mom. He then apologized for unconsciously picked on us. I also mentioned that how come Paula never have to share with other people if she did not paid the single supplement? Jona said it was hard to deal with my mom, he did not know how to accommodate her in the scheme. What an idiot, he can always assign my mom with me or Wendy.
O, Ray gave Jona an earful as well on how it was unacceptable with his accommodation problem.
At next night’s dinner, where we celebrated Terry’s birthday. Jona announced that the tour company will pick up the tap for any drinks tonight. So everyone ordered couple drinks each. A big cake was also brought out for Terry. Then the next day when Jona showed us his tipping kitty sheet, he had paid 40 euros for the cake. We all suspect that he probably paid the drinks along with the cake. So much for free drinks. Needless to say, we got no money back from tipping kitty.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home