Montenegro
Montenegro just voted to become independent from Serbia few months ago. And there was no war for once. Montenegro means black mountain as the country is very mountainous. 
We had Terry, Paula, Steve, Donna on this trip. The drive along the winding road was slow, we did not get to our first stop Kotor until about 11. The sun was high which means bad photos. But the bus load of tourists was leaving.
Kotor is another old city surrounded by a wall and on the foothill of a white colored mountain. It is smaller than Dubrovnik.
A quick toilet break (free!), we started to explore this tiny old city. After few pictures I realized that I had forgot to adjust the white balance of my camera and was shooting with fluorescent light since this morning! That included morning light on Dubrovnik- wasted a beautiful setting.
After readjusted my camera, we went up the St Ivan Fortress on the mountain behind the city to take a panoramic view of the city. A good hike! I wished we had little more time to explore the city and have lunch here, but we’re rushed to next stop: Cetinje.
The winding road up to Cetinje provided good view of Kotor bay and the fiord.
Cetinje is the old capital of the country, apparently not on the tourist radar yet. Very little English is spoken here, and very few tourists as well. I saw Cyrillic signs for the first time here. There are not many sights to see here beside an interesting monastery. But the quiet and local atmosphere, gave us a break from touristy nature of our trip.
After the visit to the monastery, we’re off to our last stop: Budva, another old town surrounded by resorts. This town was destroyed by an earthquake in 1979. It has since been rebuilt, so it has less of an old town feel as others. This area is also the country's most fashionable beach town. Before the fall of Yugoslavia, this was a party town for the models, monarchs and movie stars.
It was a long day, and we did not get back to Dubrovnik till 8 I believe.
If I were to redo this trip, I’ll skip Budva, and spend more time in Kotor and Cetinje.
More Photos from Motenegro....
We had Terry, Paula, Steve, Donna on this trip. The drive along the winding road was slow, we did not get to our first stop Kotor until about 11. The sun was high which means bad photos. But the bus load of tourists was leaving.
Kotor is another old city surrounded by a wall and on the foothill of a white colored mountain. It is smaller than Dubrovnik.
A quick toilet break (free!), we started to explore this tiny old city. After few pictures I realized that I had forgot to adjust the white balance of my camera and was shooting with fluorescent light since this morning! That included morning light on Dubrovnik- wasted a beautiful setting.
After readjusted my camera, we went up the St Ivan Fortress on the mountain behind the city to take a panoramic view of the city. A good hike! I wished we had little more time to explore the city and have lunch here, but we’re rushed to next stop: Cetinje.
The winding road up to Cetinje provided good view of Kotor bay and the fiord.
Cetinje is the old capital of the country, apparently not on the tourist radar yet. Very little English is spoken here, and very few tourists as well. I saw Cyrillic signs for the first time here. There are not many sights to see here beside an interesting monastery. But the quiet and local atmosphere, gave us a break from touristy nature of our trip.
After the visit to the monastery, we’re off to our last stop: Budva, another old town surrounded by resorts. This town was destroyed by an earthquake in 1979. It has since been rebuilt, so it has less of an old town feel as others. This area is also the country's most fashionable beach town. Before the fall of Yugoslavia, this was a party town for the models, monarchs and movie stars.
It was a long day, and we did not get back to Dubrovnik till 8 I believe.
If I were to redo this trip, I’ll skip Budva, and spend more time in Kotor and Cetinje.
More Photos from Motenegro....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home